On Tuesday, U.S. News & World Report released its eighth annual ranking of the best global universities around the world.© Provided by CNBC Havard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The 2022 ranking assesses 1,750 institutions from more than 90 countries across 13 different metrics, including research reputation, faculty publications and international collaboration.
"These rankings stand out from our other education rankings due to their emphasis on academic research," says Robert Morse, chief data strategist at U.S. News in a statement. "The Best Global Universities feature an overall ranking of more than 1,700 universities, as well as subject rankings of additional 255 universities, for a total of 2,005 schools, providing even more information for prospective students interested in schools where research is a top priority."
As in previous years, universities from the United States dominated the ranking, claiming eight of the top ten spots — which remain largely unchanged from the previous year with the exception of the University of Washington, Seattle, and Cambridge University each rising one spot. California Institute of Technology fell two spots.
However, the ranking also shines a light on top universities across the globe. The University of Cape Town was named the best institution in Africa, Tsinghua University in Beijing, China was named the best institution in Asia, The University of Melbourne was named the best institution in Australia and The Universidade de São Paulo was named the best institution in Latin America.
Here are the top 10 best overall global universities of 2022, according to U.S. News:
1. Harvard University© Provided by CNBC Harvard University
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts — United States
Highlight: Top-ranked university in many categories including biology & biochemistry and economics & business.
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology© Provided by CNBC Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts — United States
Highlight: MIT was ranked the best university for mathematics in the world.
3. Stanford University© Provided by CNBC A general view of the campus of Stanford University including Hoover Tower and buildings of the Main Quadrangle.
Location: Stanford, California — United States
Highlight: U.S. News identified Stanford as having the best chemistry program in the world.
4. University of California, Berkeley© Provided by CNBC A general view of the University of California Berkeley campus including Sather Towe. The Haas School of Business is visible in foreground and the San Francisco Bay in the background.
Location: Berkeley, California — United States
Highlight: This year, UC Berkeley was recognized for having the second-best chemistry program.
5. University of Oxford© Provided by CNBC The U.K. is home to three of the world's top 10 universities, according to Times Higher Education, including Oxford University.
Location: Oxford, England — United Kingdom
Highlight: Oxford was found to have the best arts & humanities program, worldwide.
6. Columbia University© Provided by CNBC Columbia University
Location: New York City, New York — United States
Highlight: Columbia University was recognized by U.S. News for being among the best places to study cardiovascular systems.
7. University of Washington, Seattle© Provided by CNBC University of Washington
Location: Seattle, Washington — United States
Highlight: The University of Washington, Seattle was found to have one of the world's best clinical medicine programs.
8. University of Cambridge© Provided by CNBC Students walk through Cambridge University in Cambridge, east of England, on March 14, 2018.
Location: Cambridge, England — United Kingdom
Highlight: Cambridge's faculty has included some of history's most famous mathematicians. This year, the university earned fifth place for its mathematics program.
9. California Institute of Technology (tie)© Provided by CNBC California Institute of Technology
Location: Pasadena, California — United States
Highlight: Home to NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, CalTech was identified as the top-ranked university in space science.
9. Johns Hopkins University (tie)© Provided by CNBC Johns Hopkins University
Location: Baltimore, Maryland — United States
Highlight: Known for its medical research, Johns Hopkins was found to have the second-best infectious disease program, as well as the second-best surgical program, in the world.
- em contentScore="97"">>
Former Stanford admissions officer: 'Well-rounded is not enough'—here's how to really stand out
- em contentScore="101"">>
Millions of borrowers are set to see a student loan service change—what to do if you're one of them
- em contentScore="92"">>
Education Secretary Cardona: 'We're going to continue conversations around loan forgiveness'
Survey finds many employees expect work-from-home options after pandemicCBS News
14 Jobs You Might EnjoyMoney Talks News
16 High-Paying Jobs You Can Get With a 2-Year DegreeMoney Talks News
7 Ways to Hinder Your Job HuntMoney Talks News
Education Secretary Miguel Cardona, we can close the achievement gap through better personal finance educationCNBC
Some school districts mandating students get COVID-19 vaccine for extracurricularsCBS News
Over 10,000 Deere & Co. Workers Go on Strike After Failed UAW DealMoney Talks News
10 Colleges Where Tuition Is FreeMoney Talks News
10 Things Americans Spent Less Money on During the Pandemic
Source : https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/careersandeducation/the-10-best-global-universities-of-2022-according-to-us-news-and-world-report/ar-AAPX3eM4543